Accurately predicts the type of clothes in our images using Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Artificial Intelligence
We continue  to learn topics such as Machine Learning, Deep learning, neural networks using an end-to-end machine learning framework: PyTorch 
We followed the free course named ‘Secure and Private AI’ given by Udacity  and reached the “Fashion-MNIST ”-related course.
Basically, the Artificial Intelligence will predicts the type of clothes displayed on a picture.
The dataset used by the Machine learning framework
The Fashion-MNIST , is a dataset of Zalando’s article images consisting of a training set of 60,000 examples and a test set of 10,000 examples.
Each example is a 28×28 grayscale image, associated with a label from 10 classes:
- T-shirt/top, Trouser, Pullover, Dress, Coat, Sandal, Shirt, Sneaker, Bag or Ankle boot
Come back to reality, mathematics-statistics-training…
It is time to remember the steps to make your list of pictures coupled with their manual recognition:
- Train the network
- Define the criterion (Cross Entropy Loss or Negative Log Likelihood Loss )
- Decide the optimizer (Stochastic gradient descent  or the Adam algorithm )
- Write the training code
- Make a forward pass through the network to get the logits (logits converts real space from [0,1] interval to infinity [-inf, inf])
- Use the logits to calculate the loss
- Perform a backward pass through the network with a loss-backward-function to calculate the gradients
- Take a step with the optimizer to update the weights
- Finally, when these steps are executed for a number of epochs with a large number of training examples, the loss is reduced to a minimum value 
- The final weight and bias values are obtained which can then be used to make predictions on the unseen data. 
Roll your sleeves up and code!
After a few lines of code, the download of samples you find out that a model without training is useless.
The clothes indicates that they are as many chances that the figure on the left (Angle Boot) is a Bag or a Sneaker or a Shirt.
Dozens of minutes later, a few lines of code and training of the model using already-trained data and the prediction on unseen data indicates with a very high level of confidence the class of the clothes.
Wanna look at the execution of the predictions?
We store some Jupyter Notebooks (a notebook containing text and source code that can be executed) on Microsoft Azure :
- open the link https://altf1bepublic-abdelkrim.notebooks.azure.com/j/lab/tree/Part_4_-_Fashion-MNIST_(Solution).ipynb
- Look at the execution of the source code
- Find out the quality of the prediction at the end of the notebook
 PyTorch : https://pytorch.org
 Udacity: Secure and Private AI: https://classroom.udacity.com/courses/ud185
 Fashion-MNIST of Zalando : https://github.com/zalandoresearch/fashion-mnist
 Get Started with PyTorch – Learn How to Build Quick & Accurate Neural Networks (with 4 Case Studies!) : https://www.analyticsvidhya.com/blog/2019/01/guide-pytorch-neural-networks-case-studies
HR curriculum: Secure and Private Artificial Intelligence: https://alt-f1-software-architecture.readthedocs.io/en/latest/02-03.HR_management.html#secure-and-private-artificial-intelligence